You'd might as well admit it. There are days that you just can't seem to stay awake at church.
As a good Christian you don't want to be rude to those speaking and sleep through their talk, but at the same time you have no idea what they are talking about because you are focused on staying awake.
Her are some tips for those Sundays.
- Get your kid to start crying so that you have a reason to take him/her out of the meeting so that you can roam the halls.
- Bring some snacks. The sound of packing being torn open is far less disruptive that snoring.
- Pack a cooler chips, soda, and everything needed to make yourself a sandwich. Just bring enough to share, I might want some.
- This one I got from observing the teens near by. You have to be smart with your tech devices to pull it off though. You can play games or text your friends on your smart phone, as long as you are sure the sound is off, you keep the phone on your seat next to your leg away from your parent's field of vision, and you look up at the speaker occasionally to pretend like you're listening. Be sure to glance at you parents to make sure that haven't caught on.
- Use your scriptures as actual reading material and look up the scriptures that the speaker references.
- If these don't work then follow the Scout Motto and "Be Prepared". Bring a travel pillow and go to sleep. Remember that the Lord appeared to Solomon in a dream.